You can now purchase all your healthy needs for the week at our new Farmers Market! It will be running throughout the summer, so stop by the Esso Gas Station each week to see what fresh new items you can add to your menu. The CoOp store will also be open for your shopping pleasure. Hope to see you there!
Thanks for attending this year’s New Deal Festival! Thanks to all the volunteers for all your help. We had a fantastic turnout and it was a lot of fun.
We will be posting pictures of the event soon.
Please let us know what you thought of the event. We value any and all feedback we receive.
Hope to see you next year!
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt visited WBOY-TV on Friday, July 13th to discuss the federal project in Arthurdale. President Roosevelt was joined by school director Elsie Clapp. Together, they spoke of the importance of the Arthurdale project, the New Deal, and ways that people on the home front can help support military men stationed overseas. President Roosevelt promoted the New Deal Festival and the activities and events happening.
- Posted July 12, 2012
We’ve made it all the way to the number one reason for you and your family to visit the New Deal Festival:
1. Enjoy a day of affordable family fun – buy your advance tickets online or in the AHI office and save
2. Show off your shooting skill with marbles made right here in WV
3. See original Shirley Temple depression glass
4. Admire quilts made by members of the Arthurdale Homestead Quilt Guild
5. Tour Eleanor Roosevelt’s private rooms in the Arthurdale Inn (now Hospice).
6. Reunite with old friends
7. See original electoral college ballots from the 1936 presidential election in the Fratkin Collection
8. Find out how to turn zippers into roses at the crafts market
9. Enjoy live music from four local bands
10. Climb aboard a horse drawn wagon and tour historic Arthurdale
11. Get up close to hawks, eagles, and owls from the West Virginia Raptor Rehabilitation Center
12. Visit a WWII military camp complete with original Jeeps
13. Make a button buzzer in the kid’s area
14. Look under the hood of your favorite antique car
15. Enjoy Arthurdale’s famous barbecue chicken dinners
16. Watch blacksmiths turn raw metal into a thing of beauty in the Forge
17. Listen to WV stories about Eleanor Roosevelt in the Esso Station collected by the Traveling 219 Project
18. Talk with children of original homesteaders and learn what pranks they liked to play on their neighbors growing up
19. Meet Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt
20. Pet Eleanor the goat and meet her baby Anna