You can now purchase all your healthy needs for the week at our new Farmers Market! It will be running throughout the summer, so stop by the Esso Gas Station each week to see what fresh new items you can add to your menu. The CoOp store will also be open for your shopping pleasure. Hope to see you there!
Enjoy a scenic drive on Preston County History Day. You will learn about the past at five interesting historical sites around the county. This event is scheduled for Sunday, September 16.
Times and locations are:
- Arthurdale Heritage, a five-building complex representing the New Deal’s first subsistence homestead project, (noon – 4:00) on Rt. 92
- Aurora Area Historical Society, exhibiting artifacts from the 1930-‘40s donated by local families, (1:00 – 4:00) along Rt. 50 in the old general store building
- Kingwood’s James McGrew House, 1841 home built by the prominent businessman involved in the formation of West Virginia, (1:00 – 3:00) on Rt. 7
- Szilagyi Center in Rowlesburg featuring the World War II Museum, Preston County Sports Museum, and B&O bridges exhibit, café and shops, (1:00 – 5:00) on Rt. 72
- Terra Alta History House, with 3 floors of Preston County history exhibits, photos and genealogy records, 109 East Washington Street (1:30 – 4:30)
Admission is charged at some sites. The next Preston County History Day will be on October 21.
- Posted August 7, 2012
Mark your calendars for Saturday, August 25 from 4 – 6 p.m. when Arthurdale Heritage will be hosting our annual Ice Cream Social. Our Junior Board Members are planning this year’s event and it is sure to be a lot of fun.
That date is the second Saturday after school starts, so spread the word to all Preston County kids that they’re invited to the party.
Following the Ice Cream Social, the AHI Jr. Board will be hosting a Back to School dance in the Center Hall from 7-9 p.m. Admission is $5 for students grades 4th-8th and refreshments will be served. We hope to see you there!
Thanks for attending this year’s New Deal Festival! Thanks to all the volunteers for all your help. We had a fantastic turnout and it was a lot of fun.
We will be posting pictures of the event soon.
Please let us know what you thought of the event. We value any and all feedback we receive.
Hope to see you next year!