- 12th – Cabin Fever Craft Show – 9:30am to 4:30pm Celebrate Spring’s arrival with this craft show featuring local crafters. Homemade sloppy joes and other treats will also be available.
- 13th – Easter Egg Hunt – 2pm Bring your little one to our Easter Egg hunt to search for eggs on our historic grounds. There’s plenty of eggs to find for all ages.
- 26th – Raffle Elimination Dinner – doors open at 5pm $35 for dinner and a chance to win 1 of 13 cash prizes plus 10 surprise gifts, $15 for just dinner. Auctions, 50/50s, and other raffles will help increase your odds of winning! Limited number of tickets. Visit our Facebook page to see some of the prizes.
- 27th – Canning Exhibit Craft Day – 1pm Be a part of AHI in a unique way by helping us re-do our Canning Exhibit. Volunteers will help make fake food alternatives to get the exhibit ready for tourist season.
- 3rd – Arthurdale Yard Sale – 8am- 2pm Several houses in Arthurdale participate in this large annual yard sale. Come out and treasure hunt!
- 10th – 80th Anniversary Second Saturday Event- Basic Gardening 101 – “Victory Gardens” – 9am We’ll kick off our Second Saturday Events with the Preston County Master Gardeners as they lead attendees through the steps of planting a basic garden at our living history house, E-15. Free event.
- 14th – 80th Anniversary Second Saturday Event – History of Fiesta Dinnerware – TBD Unofficial historian David Conley will speak and answer questions about the history of pottery in WV, highlighting Fiesta. There will also be a new display in Admin showcasing the 5 original Fiesta colors.
- 28th- The Eleanor Roosevelt Sports Car Show- Wayne Long and Mid-Atlantic Sports Cars in Morgantown is sponsoring a car show held on the Arthurdale Heritage grounds featuring historic sports cars. There will also be bbq by Smoke’s Smokin’ BBQ.
- 12th – New Deal Festival – doors open at 9:30am Join us for our annual New Deal Festival, a West Virginia must! Food, antique car & tractor show, petting zoo, live music, living history, crafts, artist demonstrations, it’s all here! Entry is $8, discounts available.
- 9th – Roosevelt Run 5k Run/Walk, Wheelchair Roll, and Fala’s Flee 1 mile Kid’s Run – Packet Pick-up starts at 7:45am, races begin at 9am Run, walk, or roll through history at our first annual Roosevelt Run 5k. Activities at the finish line for everyone. Kid’s race for those 10 and under begins at 9:15am.
- 9th – 80th Anniversary Second Saturday Event – Ice Cream Social – 2pm View Library of Congress photographs about Arthurdale students and their work presented by Jonas Knotts. Hear school memories from actual homestead children. Play period games and art projects. And eat do- it- yourself ice cream!
- 13th – 80th Anniversary Second Saturday Event – ” Preservation and Progress” - Always wondered how Arthurdale Heritage preserved the historic buildings in Arthurdale? Join us for a roundtable discussion featuring homestead descendants involved with the founding of AHI and students involved with the preservation study of E2, an original Hodgson Homestead. E2 will have an open house. – 1pm
- 11th – 80th Anniversary Second Saturday Event – Eleanor Roosevelt’s Birthday – Award winning fiddle player Elmer Rich, along with musician Mark Crabtree, will demonstrate music he played for Eleanor Roosevelt. Oral histories, a historic newsreel of Elmer playing for Eleanor, and excerpts from Eleanor’s My Day column will also be shared. Great food, cake, and company! – 4pm
- 26th – Annual Membership Dinner – 5pm
- 14th/15th – Deck the Halls – Come to the Wine and Cheese Opening on Friday night from 5-8pm, and then enjoy a Family Day full of crafts with one of Santa’s elves from 10am-4pm on Saturday. Get an early start on celebrating Christmas with our annual Christmas wreath and craft showcase. All items are available for purchase and all proceeds support AHI through the winter.
- 12th – Santa Party – TBD Bring your children to meet Santa – gifts for all ages.